Top 10 Ways to keep ants out of your house
10 Effective Ways to Keep Ants From Invading Your Home
(1) Seal off the little critters from even accessing the cozy interior of your home in the first place by sealing off all door and window cracks using caulking, glue, putty or plaster. Even petroleum jelly will work as a temporary sealant.
(2) Mix some liquid dish detergent with water in a spray bottle. If you see even one scout ant on your kitchen countertop, spray it quickly with a blast from this bottle and they will never be able to report back to the troops.
(3) Place a thin quarter-inch unbroken line of powdered charcoal, cinnamon, citrus oil, baby powder or cayenne pepper inside door jams and window sills to serve as a barrier that ants won't cross.
(4) Clean your floors, tabletops and countertops with a solution of water and vinegar, removing any previous ant scent trails.
(5) At any place you notice ants entering your household, sprinkle crushed mint leaves, garlic salt, bay leaves or crushed cloves. Ants can't tolerate these odors.
(6) Keep all food items in closed containers. Be meticulous about wiping crumbs and other food droppings from tabletops, countertops and flooring because these can quickly attract ants.
(7) Mop or vacuum your floors daily, or at least every other day, to remove any traces of food particles that...